Why should I do SEO for my Squarespace website?
Squarespace SEO (search engine optimisation) is the process of optimising a website built with Squarespace for higher visibility in search engine results. This means that it is essential for any business or individual who wants to maximise their website’s potential and reach more people. Squarespace SEO focuses on improving a website’s overall visibility by increasing its ranking in search engine results, making sure all pages are properly indexed, and ensuring that content is optimised for both users and search engines. In addition, Squarespace SEO can also help to improve a website’s user experience by providing better navigation and helping visitors find what they are looking for quickly. By investing in Squarespace SEO, businesses can ensure that their websites are reaching the right audiences and achieving maximum success online.
5 Essential Tips for Optimising Your Squarespace Website
Squarespace is an excellent platform for businesses to create their websites. However, if you want to maximise your website’s visibility and reach, it is important to optimise it according to the latest SEO guidelines. Here are five essential tips that you can use to optimise your Squarespace website SEO.
- Use keywords wisely – Use the keywords that you want your site to rank for in your content. When writing, try to use variations on them as well. This will help search engines to identify your website as a relevant source of information and allow it to rank better. Search engines love relevancy and will easily place your site higher in their listings if they feel that you have covered all bases with these tips.
- Optimise your content for readability – Use simple, brief sentences and paragraphs. This will make the content easier for search engines (and humans) to process. Search engines like relevancy, so bear this in mind when writing. Limit the length of your sentences as well and use bulleted lists instead of paragraphs as they are easy to parse by computers. Additionally, make sure that you use active voice whenever possible instead of passive voice because this is more readable and easy to follow.
- Add a description tag – Try adding a description tag before every image on your site so that search engines can better understand what the image is. about and whether it is relevant.
- Include a sitemap – Your website needs a sitemap to properly guide people around your site and help them find what they’re looking for quickly. This is especially important if you want your site to appear high in search engine results. Do not try optimising without creating a sitemap because doing so could hurt your ranking or result in your website being taken down by search engines such as Google.
- Optimise your images – According to Net Marketshare, 56% of online traffic is created by images. Images also take up space on your website that could be used for advertising. To avoid this, you should optimise your images and ensure they are optimised for search engines as well.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your website is optimised for search engine rankings and reach more potential customers.
Top Squarespace SEO Tools and Features to Use to Your Advantage
Squarespace provides a wide range of SEO tools and features that can be used to optimise your website for search engine rankings. From the easy-to-use SEO Checklist to the on-page optimisation best practices, Squarespace makes it easy to ensure your website is properly optimised for search engine visibility. Here are some of the best SEO features to use in Squarespace:
Search Engine Friendly URLs – Make your URLs easy for search engines to understand by using Squarespace’s URL Builder and Targeting tool. You can easily create complete or partial URL structures, as well as target specific keywords based on your content type, layout, and other factors.
SEO Checklist – Every website needs an SEO checklist to help guide its optimisation efforts. The SEO Checklist helps you identify what your website is missing, then provides suggestions for how to address the issue.
Meta Tag Optimisation – Meta tags are vital because they provide information about the page in question that describes it in a way that search engines can understand. The tags in Squarespace are well-structured, easy to update, and will provide more targeted traffic to your website.
Squarespace is a powerful platform that offers many SEO tools and features to help you optimise your website for search engines. With the right strategies, you can use these tools to your advantage and improve your website’s visibility on search engine results pages.
Your Squarespace SEO experts, Eighteen.
If you are bored of local SEO irrelevance and at the same time tired of the generic SEO industry bullshit – Eighteen is the perfect SEO audit agency for you. Our team of local SEO experts is created from over 23 years of SEO industry experience and the desire to do local SEO in the right way, with no jargon, fluff or nonsense.
Is Squarespace Good for SEO?
Squarespace is a popular website building platform that makes it easy for anyone to create a website. But is it good for SEO? The answer is yes, Squarespace can be a great platform for SEO. It has powerful features like an intuitive drag-and-drop editor, built-in analytics, and the SEO checklist. Additionally, Squarespace offers several features to help you optimise your website for search engines, such as customisable meta tags and descriptions and the ability to set up 301 redirects. With these features in place, Squarespace can help you get your content indexed by search engines and improve your rankings over time. Although, it is key to keep in mind that Squarespace does indeed have SEO limitations, like other WYSIWYG (pronounced wiz-ee-wig – an acronym for What You See Is What You Get) website builders.
Squarespace SEO facts:
- Squarespace is a website builder that includes built-in SEO features to help improve your website’s search engine visibility.
- Squarespace allows you to edit the title tags and meta descriptions of your pages and blog posts, which are important elements for on-page SEO.
- Squarespace automatically generates a sitemap for your website, making it easier for search engines to crawl and index your content.
- Squarespace provides you with the ability to add alt text to images, which can help improve your website’s accessibility and also contribute to better image search results.
- Squarespace supports custom URLs and redirects, which can help you maintain the integrity of your website’s links even if you change the structure of your site.
- Squarespace websites are mobile-responsive, which is an important factor for good SEO as Google now uses mobile-first indexing.
- Squarespace supports HTTPS encryption, which can help improve your website’s security and also boost your SEO rankings.
- Squarespace offers built-in analytics that can help you track your website’s traffic and see how visitors are engaging with your content.
- Squarespace provides you with the ability to add structured data to your website, which can help search engines understand the context of your content and improve your search results.
- Squarespace’s customer support includes resources and guides to help you improve your website’s SEO, including best practices and tips for optimizing your content.